Get QuoteDark Inspirational Quotes App
All Quotes by author - Robert Picardo
" After 'Star Trek,' I was the commander on 'Stargate Atlantis,' the final season, and once my character had become a good commander, I was sorry that the show didn't last beyond that. "
" As an actor, you're never supposed to complain about being too busy because it can go the other way real fast. "
" Being on 'Star Trek,' you have a funny relationship with fame. "
" Doing 'Star Trek,' I got to learn about it from the inside out. I got to learn what appealed to them, why sci-fi meant so much to people, why 'Star Trek' meant so much to people. "
" Even though my face has gotten more familiar with doing 'China Beach' and 'The Wonder Years,' I'm the kind of actor that people thought, 'Gee, that guy looks familiar. He must have put my storm windows in. He works at my bank or something.' "
" For me, the ideal job as an actor would be something that is intrinsically a drama but to which I could bring in as much humor as possible. "
" For two consecutive Broadway seasons, I had probably the best juvenile roles there were for an actor. Then I moved to California to recreate my role in the film version of 'Tribute.' I started working in film and television after that, and 38 years blew by! "
" I can walk down the street, and 85 percent of the people on the block are really quite oblivious to me. They either think I'm probably an actor or else I installed their storm windows two years ago, or I work at their bank, or maybe I'm their cousin Marie's gynecologist. Then, to the other 15 percent of those people on the street, I'm a rock star. "
" I could not play a straight-ahead courageous hero. It's not what I do. "
" I didn't realize it at first, but the Doctor is in the same spirit as those natural 'outsider' characters 'Star Trek' series have, like Spock and Data. "
" I don't get 'Star Wars.' I just don't. "
" If you're looking at my other major science fiction roles - the Doctor on 'Star Trek' and certainly Woolsey on 'Stargate' - I often play characters that might be good theorists and good thinkers, but you wouldn't call either of them very macho characters. "
" I have played some wonderful leading roles on stage and had the whole 'China Beach' years where I really played a leading man on that. That was a fun change for a character actor. But I'm perfectly happy going back to building my gallery of memorable character roles. "
" I like some science in my science fiction. "
" I'll never forget my first moment of looking out on a convention audience with my mouth open like they were kidding me. "
" I love to play humorous moments in dramatic shows. That's always the most fun: to keep the logic of the character in a show that's basically action-adventure and then play the comedy moments. "
" I'm not a futurist, and my taste in science fiction was sort of in the gothic horror vein, not space movies and futuristic stuff. "
" I'm not really shy. "
" I really used my own imagination a lot and made a number of suggestions during my tenure on 'Star Trek.' "
" I think I've been pretty fortunate. "
" I think there's something inherently interesting in the Monday morning quarterback: the guy who, you know, sits at one end of the briefing room and tells everyone what they should've done and how they've screwed up. "
" It's nice to have a signature role. "
" It was hard to make a living as an actor in New York if you did not do soap operas or commercials. "
" I've always had a particular affinity for father-son dramas. "
" I was part of the generation that was supposed to become doctors. "
" I went to the William Penn Charter School in Philadelphia, where I had a teacher really named Edward Shakespeare. He was a very influential figure in my childhood - I acted in high school a few times, but Mr. Shakespeare got me to lead in 'The Crucible.' I played John Proctor. "
" Jerry Goldsmith's 'Voyager' theme is a brilliant reworking of the original material. "
" Let's face it: Amanda Tapping's shoes are difficult to fill. She's a great actress and a popular character on 'Stargate'; she's just a lovely person. "
" Most of my major roles have been to play characters that the audience does not initially like or warm up to and then they grow to like in spite of that. "
" My agent loves me. "
Check our other websites: