Get QuoteDark Inspirational Quotes App
" Architecture has always been a very idealistic profession. It's about making the world a better place, and it works over the generations because people go on vacation and they look for it. "
" I love art in general - architecture, anything creative. "
" Architecture is not merely national but clearly has local ties in that it is rooted in the earth. "
" I've never owned an Apple product. I like the fact that PCs are open architecture and not locked down like Apple products. I feel that Macs are also unjustifiably overpriced. "
" My buildings will be my legacy... they will speak for me long after I'm gone. "
" The architecture profession has lost a lot of its integrity, especially in the USA. The general architect here has no scruples, no ambitions. "
" The team architecture means setting up an organization that helps people produce that great work in teams. "
" Architecture is exposed to life. If its body is sensitive enough, it can assume a quality that bears witness to past life. "
" Not yesterday, not tomorrow, only today can be given form. Only this architecture creates. "
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
" I love a lot of things, and I'm pretty much obsessive about most things I do, whether it be gardening, or architecture, or music. I'd be an obsessive hairdresser. "
" My guilty pleasure is I like to watch a lot of HGTV. I really like watching design shows about houses, like extreme homes. Like buying a bridge and turning it into a house or something like that. I really am interested in home design or something like that... architecture. "
" Although we're architects, we believe we do culture; architecture is culture, and the topics we tackle will always arise a broader debate. "
" I wanted to be a pilot, but I was always drawing bodies. When I realised I wanted to pursue something creative, my parents pushed me towards architecture. "
" The best advice I've received is to be yourself. The best artists do that. "
" I'm trying to create architecture as landscape. But I'm not copying nature. "
" People are moving into modes of participation and self-generation, which apply to everything from museums and television to architecture. "
" Nothing is as dangerous in architecture as dealing with separated problems. If we split life into separated problems we split the possibilities to make good building art. "
" When I went to Harvard and studied planning, I found I didn't have the skills or the strength to become the kind of public person who could go out and lobby government agencies. "
" Does an architecture to assuage the spirit have a place? "
" I probably spent the first 20 years of my life wanting to be as American as possible. Through my 20s, and into my 30s, I began to become aware of how so much of my art and architecture has a decidedly Eastern character. "
" Architecture to me is whole. I cannot say I only care about this 25% and the other 75% I let go... it's just I want to work the way I want to work. In my shop, you can order certain things and other things you cannot. They are not available. "
" Many of the received models of modern architecture and planning owe their ultimate origin to the building code and public health reform movements of the second half of the 19th century. "
" A building is no good if someone's got to explain to you why it's good. You can't say you don't know enough about architecture - that's ridiculous. It's got to work on many levels. "
" I have a background in technology, design, architecture, arts and sciences. I see myself as a multi-dimensional person. "
" Blockchain technology isn't just a more efficient way to settle securities. It will fundamentally change market structures, and maybe even the architecture of the Internet itself. "
" Istanbul is inspiring because it has its own code of architecture, literature, poetry, music. "
" Ultimately, the artistic part of architecture has always interested me. "
" Architecture is basically a container of something. I hope they will enjoy not so much the teacup, but the tea. "
" In architecture the idea degenerated. Design allows a more direct and pleasurable route. "
" I've always seen architecture as a healing art, not just as a beautification art. "
" You've got to bumble forward into the unknown. "