Get QuoteDark Inspirational Quotes App
All Quotes by author - Ron Perlman
" 1% of the population has all the money and the other 99% have nothing. "
" Almost all of your life is lived by the seat of your pants, one unexpected event crashing into another, with no pattern or reason, and then you finally reach a point, around my age, where you spend more time than ever looking back. Why did this happen? Look where that led? You see the shape of things. "
" Distortions control my self-image, like they do for a lot of us. It's irrational. "
" Every job has a unique situational circumstance. "
" Every time you get on a stage or in front of a camera, the whole exercise is about imagination. You're constantly depicting something that doesn't exist, and trying to find the reality of it. Once you settle on that premise, everything else is a matter of degrees. "
" Fearless people are interesting to watch. "
" I actually think it's harder to play vulnerability, because you're having to delve deeper into portions of your own psyche, what it is that makes you human. "
" I couldn't make it on the swimming team in high school. In fact, I got thrown off the swimming team and was forced to audition for the school play because they had at the audition about 35 girls show up and no boys, so my swimming coach suggested that I might be able to do the drama department more good than I was doing the swimming team. "
" I don't ever want to be comfortable with anything I'm doing. "
" I don't think that I've had a career like anyone else's, but there are hosts and hosts of actors whose careers I admire. "
" I do voicework all the time. "
" I feel as though my criteria are based more on how challenging the role is, it doesn't have to fit into any particular profile, is it something that I've never done before, and is it something that I feel like I can really feel challenged and therefore fully engaged in, and that's when the work gets to be the most fun. "
" If something strikes me as insane and unjust, I cannot tolerate that. "
" I just think that there are those people that their resolve is strengthened by what it is that's keeping them down, and there are some people that will buckle under it. You never know which one is which until you get into the eighth or ninth round of the fight. "
" I like to believe that everyone is born with the same skill set, and that it is the influences that one comes upon. "
" I live in a bubble. "
" I lost 90 pounds and my blood pressure went down to a normal level and the salt in my urine disappeared. And that was when I had to make the transition from fat character actor to thin character actor. "
" I love great animation. "
" I'm a city boy. "
" I'm continuing to do research into biker culture. "
" I'm fully aware that things that resonate and become real hits are the exception to the rule, so much so that I've wired myself for failure. "
" I'm just trying to make up for lost times, and I have total awareness that when the work is coming it doesn't mean it's going to continue to come, so I'm taking advantage of this phenomenal period that I'm in now, to its fullest. "
" I'm kind of one of these guys who wants to play everything once before it's all over. "
" I'm thankful to be breathing, on this side of the grass. Whatever comes, comes. "
" I'm very happy. "
" Independent film is almost nonexistent right now, because all the distributers that used to love to put out these little art films are all out of business right now, because it costs so much to open a movie. "
" I never direct myself, because I don't like working with me. I would punch me in the mouth if I had to take my direction. "
" In the early '90s, when those little art films started coming out, we were introduced to Quentin Tarantino and guys like that, and independent cinema was something that everyone wanted to be a part of. "
" I say yes to almost anything that comes my way. "
" I think in the early part of my career, the roles were so disparate that it never gave anybody an opportunity to understand my essence and what I would be good at doing, as opposed to what I would not be good at doing, so these little moments of beautiful things that were happening to me were consistent, but very few and very far between. "
Check our other websites: