Get QuoteDark Inspirational Quotes App
" 1% of the population has all the money and the other 99% have nothing. "
" Let me put it this way: I definitely need to understand the villains I play. The best cause pain to anesthetize themselves against their own pain. "
" I'm a city boy. "
" Living off the grid and being kind of an outlaw brings a dangerous reality. "
" You know, I don't read the blogs, or go on the internet, and I really just don't know what people are saying because... well I guess I'm afraid to. "
" You can change the circumstances but you can never change man's inner nature. "
" Well, I don't have an agenda. "
" Well, I love acting, and I love acting quick. "
" I never direct myself, because I don't like working with me. I would punch me in the mouth if I had to take my direction. "
" There are always great deals of humanity in the characters that have been offered to me. "
" I'm thankful to be breathing, on this side of the grass. Whatever comes, comes. "
" I've certainly been very blessed with opportunity. "
" I've been busy and not busy, and busy is better. I've been busy, but I went through a lot of periods where it was lean for a lot of times. "
" I don't think that I've had a career like anyone else's, but there are hosts and hosts of actors whose careers I admire. "
" It's really disgusting what Hollywood can do to a guy. "
" If something strikes me as insane and unjust, I cannot tolerate that. "
" Season 4 can be deadly for a show that's been a hit show. "
" The great thing about arriving at this age is that I don't even care about my career anymore. "
" Almost all of your life is lived by the seat of your pants, one unexpected event crashing into another, with no pattern or reason, and then you finally reach a point, around my age, where you spend more time than ever looking back. Why did this happen? Look where that led? You see the shape of things. "
" I feel as though my criteria are based more on how challenging the role is, it doesn't have to fit into any particular profile, is it something that I've never done before, and is it something that I feel like I can really feel challenged and therefore fully engaged in, and that's when the work gets to be the most fun. "
" I've never worked with a tail, that I can remember. But there's so much I can't remember. "
" I think there are a lot of technocrats in the business who would much rather work with just wheels and gears and machinery. Those things interest them more than humanity and I wish them the best of luck. "
" Some of the great characters that I've played had to be transformational. "
" I will not do a role that I don't think I can do, that I'm not interested in, where there's no humanity, that doesn't have any kind of handle for me at all because I know I'll just stink the joint up. "
" I'm kind of one of these guys who wants to play everything once before it's all over. "
" I'm just trying to make up for lost times, and I have total awareness that when the work is coming it doesn't mean it's going to continue to come, so I'm taking advantage of this phenomenal period that I'm in now, to its fullest. "
" I do voicework all the time. "
" Every time you get on a stage or in front of a camera, the whole exercise is about imagination. You're constantly depicting something that doesn't exist, and trying to find the reality of it. Once you settle on that premise, everything else is a matter of degrees. "
" I've never been pigeonholed and I've experienced so many different kinds of skin - what man will do and won't do, what you should do and shouldn't do. This is what's exciting about being an actor; where philosophy majors sit in classrooms or write books about human behavior, we're actually acting them out in front of cameras. "
" I actually think it's harder to play vulnerability, because you're having to delve deeper into portions of your own psyche, what it is that makes you human. "
" I couldn't make it on the swimming team in high school. In fact, I got thrown off the swimming team and was forced to audition for the school play because they had at the audition about 35 girls show up and no boys, so my swimming coach suggested that I might be able to do the drama department more good than I was doing the swimming team. "